Friday, April 24, 2009

one day left!

Wahoo, tomorrow is the walk!

I have been told that rain or shine we will walk! Hopefully it doesn't pour! If you need to just walk the one mile portion I understand!

The walk will be held at :

Lorin Farr Park
1691 Gramercy Avenue

"Walkers will follow a route along the beautiful Ogden River Parkway and turn around at the Big D Sports Park.... The park is located along River Drive."

Time line:

The official program to kick off the walk starts at 9:45 a.m. Although check-in officially begins at 8 a.m., I don't think we will need to be there that early. I will probably try to be there around 8:45 or 9. I'm asking everyone else to be there sometime between 9 and 9:15.There will be a breakfast being served and if it's anything like the one in Cedar last year it will be worth coming for!

Check in usually takes about 15 minutes. This includes registering there, turning in your donations, getting free stuff (like odd cookbooks and drug company bags, ha it's fun), etc... So plan for time to eat

Rain is forecasted tomorrow so bring a sweatshirt or a rain jacket and make sure to wear tennis shoes.

The official color tomorrow is orange and our team's color is green! I've got a few beads and leis for everyone but if you have anything orange or green wear it! I'm making tee-shirts for everyone that has registered!

Call me or email me if you guys have any questions. Thanks so much for being willing to walk and for your donations. We are going to end up raising about $250. That's $250 that they MS society didn't have! Tomorrow is really just about coming together for a meaningful cause and to have fun! I know that both my mother, my family, and I are grateful to your support and help with all of this.

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie...how'd it go? Did you have a great time? Great job on raising money!!!

    ReplyDelete